- 1 Troubleshooting
- 1.1 Cannot connect to the LDAP address book
- 1.2 Error while sending mail: 552 sorry, that message size exceeds my databytes limit
- 1.3 Outlook hanged while Send/Receive mail.
- 1.4 During Send/Receive mail, Outlook gives error that password expired.
- 1.5 Password Expiry : Behavior of MS Outlook displayed with screen shots
- 2 How to forward a mail as attachment using Outlook ?
Cannot connect to the LDAP address book
- Configured the Thunderbird/Outlook client to look up the shared address book from the server, as given in the links below
- The Error message is displayed as "Can't contact ldap directory server(81)."
- The LDAP port (389) is not open in the inbuilt firewall of Connect Xf and/or in external firewalls between the end user's machine and the Connect Xf server.
- Open the LDAP (389) port in the built-in firewall of Connect Xf (iptables) and also on any other firewalls between the server and the end user's machine.
Error while sending mail: 552 sorry, that message size exceeds my databytes limit
There is problem in sending mail with attachment greater than 5mb. the error comes like this:
The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts. Subject , Account: , Server: , Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '552 sorry, that message size exceeds my databytes limit (#5.3.4)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 552, Error Number: 0x800CCC6D
Please increase the maximum mail size on the server using following command:
/mithi/mcs/bin/setmaxmailsize.sh [maximum permissable mail size in MB as a number between 1 and 50]!!!
Outlook hanged while Send/Receive mail.
Please close Outlook and re-open it. Retry Send/Receive.
During Send/Receive mail, Outlook gives error that password expired.
This indicates that the password for the account has expired. This is a security feature which forces the users to change their password regularly to prevent any possible misuse of the account. Please change the password of the account on the MCS server using Mithi Web Mail.
Password Expiry : Behavior of MS Outlook displayed with screen shots
POP Account - Send/Receive mail (Password expiry error is properly shown.)
IMAP Account - Send/Receive mail (Password expiry message is not shown although password has expired. This is a limitation in the IMAP server)
Send mail(Password expiry error is properly shown.)
How to forward a mail as attachment using Outlook ?
Please refer this article : http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/How_to_Forward_a_Message_as_an_Attachment_with_Outlook.htm