|Table of Contents|
Configuring an email account in Eudora
Configuring an email account in Eudora is an easy process. You need to follow the steps mentioned in the document to configure your Connect Xf mail mail account on your desktop PC.
Before configuration you need to know following settings of your account. You can contact server admin to obtain it.
- Server name or IP address of your Connect Xf mail server
To configure an email account
1. When you open Eudora application for the first time a screen prompts you to create a dominant mail account.
Note: In Eudora the dominant mail account is your principal mail account. You can create additional mail accounts with different personalities (that is your work, home, or school mail account)
1. Go to the menu and select Tools > Options to create an email account.
2. On the Account Settings screen, choose the Create a brand new email account option. Then, click the Next button.
3. On the Personality Name screen, in the Personality Name box, provide account name. Click the Next button to proceed further.
4. On the Personal Information screen, enter Your Name. Then, click the Next button.
5. In the Email Address box, enter your Connect Xf email address and click the Next button.
6. On the Incoming Email Server screen,
- In the Incoming Server box, enter server name or IP address of your Connect Xf mail server.
- For example, 22.214.171.124 or mailxf.acmecorp.co.in
- Choose the type of server your are using either POP or IMAP.
- Click the Next button.
7. On the IMAP Location Prefix, leave the Location Prefix box blank and click the Next button.
8. In the Outgoing Server box, provide server name or IP address of your outgoing (SMTP) server. Then, click the Next button.
For example, 126.96.36.199 or mailxf.acmecorp.co.in
9. In the Password box, enter the password associated with your account and then click the OK button.
10. A warning message appears. Click the OK button to continue and configure your mail account.
11. Now, select the Personalities tab.
12. Right click the account name and select Properties from the context menu.
13. On the Generic Properties tab, select Never from the Secure Sockets when Sending frame in order to connect the SMTP server without using SSL.
14. On the Incoming Mail tab, select Never from the Secure Sockets when Receiving frame in order to connect the mail server without using SSL and click the OK button.
15. A message appears. Click the OK button to refresh your mailbox list.
This configures your mail account with all the available IMAP folders present on your Connect Xf server.
Creating SPAM Filter
By default, email messages classified by Anti-Spam as spam or probable spam are marked with special labels [!! SPAM] or [?? Probable Spam] in the Subject field. If additional mail processing after Anti-Spam checks is required, you can configure Eudora as necessary.
To create SPAM Filter
1. Go to the menu Tools > Filters.
2. Click to select the Filters tab. Then, click the New button to create a new filter.
3. In the Header list box, select Subject.
- In the contains box, enter the string ***PROBABLE SPAM***.
4. In the Action list box, select Transfer To.
5. Click the In button and select the spam folder.
Note: Spam folder is user folder. You can create a required folder and transfer spam mails to that folder.
6. Click to select another tab. A save message appears.
- Click the Yes button to save the SPAM filter.