Scheduling a Meeting
You can schedule an event to meet your colleagues for discussion on certain topic. Meeting requests must have one or more attendees and one originator (usually the current user) who schedules an event.
- Pre-scheduling an event or meeting, you should decide attendees for the event and verify their Free/Busy status.
- As per suitable Date/Time and Place for all the attendees, you can Schedule a meeting and send meeting request or invitation
- These meeting requests are sent in the Inbox folder of the default calendar of all the Attendees. Where, all the attendees process these meeting requests manually or automatically as per preferences.
- Scheduling responses to external users go to the outbox. They may be immediately processed and at some point removed from the outbox.
Schedule a meeting and send invitation
1. On calendar, click the add button and select Schedule Meeting from the list box.
Click any date box in your calendar and select Schedule Meeting from the list box.
Click any box in Free/Busy map. The Schedule Meeting/task page is displayed.
|2. Add New Attendees as the participants for the meeting.
i. Type in an email id of the attendees in Add Attendees box.
3. Once all the attendees are decided, click the Continue button to provide further details.
5. Select the Scheduling tab to confirm the list of attendees.
Application stores all the invitations received in the Inbox folder of the calendar application.
Attendees process the invitations received in their Inbox folder of Calendar application to decide their status for the event. The updated status of attendees is sent to the Calendar Inbox of organizer and all the other attendees of the event.
You or the organizer can resend the invitation to confirm the status of the event scheduled.
Once all the attendees confirm their attendance the event gets confirmed to be held on the date time and place mentioned in the event.
Processing a meeting request
- As per user scheduling/meetings preferences, meeting requests are processed automatically. If time is available for the incoming request it will be accepted, otherwise it will be declined. It is also possible to indicate that acceptances will be automatically processed; a meeting will have the attendee status updated automatically when the incoming response is an acceptance.
- You can process these meeting requests received in your Inbox manually to decide whether you want to accept, decline or make it a tentative plan. Also, you can delegate it or send a request suggesting change in suitable Date/Time for you.
Accepting the meeting request
1. Go to the Inbox folder in the Calendar application.
2. Select to open the unprocessed meeting request.
3. Click the Change My Status link to update your meeting request status.
4. Decide the Action to be taken either
You can create various calendar entries like event, task or schedule meeting in the calendar.
Event : Events are scheduled activities which may or may not involve other people. The duration of events can be over days and they may or may not affect your free / busy schedules.
Example: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Product launch, Server upgrades, and so on.
Meeting : A meeting usually involves one or more people and has to be scheduled at a fixed time and place.
Task : A task is a list of things to be done. Usually, there is a target date on which these tasks should be completed. But there is no fixed time to do the same.
Add an Event
Following steps describe you how to add an event in the calendar.
To add event:
1. Click the add button and select Add Event from the list box.
Click the date box in your calendar and select Add Event from the list box.
Click the box in Free/Busy map.
The Add Event page is displayed.
2. Click the basic tab.
i. Click the Select Calendar button to select required calendar.
ii. Enter name of the event in Title box.
iii. Click to select All Day check box.
When you select All Day check box, you need to specify start date and end date/ duration.
iv. Enter the Start date.
v. Select from the options End date, End duration, or This event has no duration / end date.
vi. Click the Floating or Store as UTC check boxes to determine the date format.
vii. Click yes or no to select and decide if the added event will affect the Free/Busy map.
viii. Click to select the category with which you want to tag the event.
Note:If there are not any categories defined, you can click the add category link to add new category.
ix. Click the Save button.
The event is created and saved.
3. Click the details tab.
On the details tab,
i. Select the Location from list box
Enter new location in add new box.
ii. Enter Event Link which links to the event information.
iii. Enter Description of the event.
iv. Select one of the options confirmed, tentative, or canceled to decide the Status of the event.
v. Click the Save button to save details.
The details are saved.
4. Click the recurrence tab.
On the recurrence tab, select one of the following options.
i. Event does not recur if event does not recur.
ii. Event recur if event recurs. When you choose this option, you need to specify
Recurrence Rules to decide frequency of recurrence.
Recurrence and Exception Dates to decide date-wise recurrence of event.
5. Click the scheduling tab.
On the Scheduling tab, click the make into meeting-invite attendees to convert the event into a meeting and send invitations to attendees.
Schedule a Meeting
Following steps describe you how to schedule meeting.
To Schedule Meeting:
1. On calendar, click the add button and select Schedule Meeting from the list box.
Click the date box in your calendar and select Schedule Meeting from the list box.
Click the box in Free/Busy map. The Schedule Meeting/task page is displayed.
2. Enter attendees in Add Attendees box.
Note:The auto complete address book feature completes the addresses if present in address book.
3. Specify the Role of the attendee from list box whether required participant, optional participant, chair or non-participant.
4. Select the Status from list box whether needs action, accepted, declined, tentative, delegated.
5. Click the add button.
The Free/busy schedule for all attendees displays available time for all attendees.
6. Click the Continue button.
The Edit Meeting page is displayed.
7. Edit the meeting preferences. For more information, see Adding Event.
8. Click the Save button to save the meeting schedule.
Click the Save & send invitations button to save the meeting schedule and send invitations.
Click the Cancel button to cancel the meeting schedule.
Add a Task
Following steps describe you how to add task in the calendar.
To add a task:
Please refer the steps to add event as interface to add tasks is similar to add events. For more information, see Adding Event.
Note:An additional field on the basic tab can be used to specify the % of completion of the task.
Upload a Calendar
You can upload events from external calendars by generating an iCal file and uploading it to the calendar.
To upload calendar:
1. In the Options section, click the Upload iCal link.
The Upload iCal File page is displayed.
2. Enter the full path and File Name of iCal file to be uploaded.
Browse to select the required file.
3. Click the Select Calendar button to select the required calendar into which the events in the iCal file will be uploaded.
4. Click one of the options to decide Affects free/busy.
Accept the settings in the event (default)
Yes: The uploaded events affect your free busy time
No: The uploaded events have no effect on the free busy time.
5. Click one of the options to decide Status.
Accept the settings in the uploaded events (default)
Accept all uploaded events as confirmed
Accept all uploaded events as tentative
Accept all uploaded events as canceled.
6. Click the Continue button to upload the events.
Export a Calendar
You can export calendars to iCalendar files.
To export calendar:
1. In the options section, click the Export Calendar link.
The Export Calendars as iCal page is displayed.
2. Click to select one of the options Event Date Limits.
Today Forward: To select all events starting from today.
All Dates: To select all the events in the Calendar.
Date Range: To select all the events from the date range specified by you. Enter the Start date and End date.
3. Select the calendar from which the events have to be exported.
A Opening window is displayed to
- Open the selected calendar file.
- Save the selected calendar file.
Set Calendar Preferences
You can set or change the calendar preferences as per your requirement.
To set calendar preferences:
1. In the options section, click the Preferences link.
The Manage Preferences page is displayed.
2. Click the general tab to set general preferences.
3. Click the categories tab to manage categories.
4. Click the locations tab to manage locations.
5. Click the scheduling/meetings tab to set preferences for processing meeting requests.
The changes mentioned are updated and a message is displayed in status bar.
6. Update the changes you have made.