|MithiWiki Home > ConnectXf Home > ConnectXf Administration > Configuration > Can't access my LDAP address book from a desktop email client like Thunnderbird or Outlook|
Can't access my LDAP address book from a desktop email client like Thunderbird or Outlook
- If the users on the network can't access the LDAP corporate directory and the address books, confirm the following:
- The firewall should be allowing traffic on the LDAP port . Edit the '/mithi/mcs/ modules /mithi-system/conf/ server /mithi-system.fw.conf.sh' and ensure that the following entries are present in the file:
# Setting for LDAP /mithi/mcs/ modules /mithi-system/conf/server/ldap.fw.conf.sh
- For an Intranet setup, this allows all IPs configured on the eth0 card. For an Internet setup, this allows only the local host as a security measure. You may edit this file to suit your exact requirement for allowing client access via LDAP.
- Editing this file should be done only by experienced administrators who have exposure to firewall configurations. Mis-configuring this file could create potential security risks and may compromise the server .
- Confirm that the user has done proper client program configurations. Refer to this note to know more about configuring the client for accessing LDAP