Working Of Virus Scanner
- As part of the mail flow control, a virus control scanner is bundled with Connect XF.
- Unlike the spam control software, which only marks the mail as a spam, the virus control software actually moves the infected mail to a quarantine folder.
- The quarantine folder appears as a system folder to the postmaster of the default domain on the server. It is recommended that the postmaster periodically review the mail in this folder to confirm that there is no valuable mail.
- The virus databases are automatically updated, provided the server on which the solution is installed has Internet access. The interval at which the virus database is to be updated is configurable.
- As with the other open source components integrated, Mithi is responsible to provide timely updates in form of patches or upgrades, which incorporate the latest version on the ClamAV software.
- Connect XF integrates and configures the open source virus control software, ClamAV.
- Clam AntiVirus is a GPL anti-virus toolkit for UNIX, designed especially for e-mail scanning. It provides a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command line scanner and advanced tool for automatic database updates.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Anti Virus"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.