|MithiWiki Home > ConnectXf Home > ConnectXf Administration > Configuration > Connect Server installation failed while adding a domain|
Connect Server installation failed while adding a domain
- Connect Server installation failed during domain addition.
- The host name of the server contains an embedded '.' (dot) or '_' (underscore).
- rpm was missed during package selection in OS installation.
- LDAP connection failed.
Steps to Diagnose the causes
- The log file '/var/log/mithi/mcs/mcs.inst.log' shows:
- Adding catch-all account for the user failed due to connection failure.
- 'http start' and 'http stop' services failed.
- Run 'ldapsearch' command from the command line:
(you may get invalid command error)
- Check if openldap rpms are installed; run the following command:
#rpm -qa | grep openldap
- Installation should show 4 rpms
(The openldap-clients rpm will be missing)
- Change the host name to a value without dots and underscores
- vi /etc/sysconfig/network
- change HOSTNAME= (a value without dots and underscores)
- Save the above file.
- vi /etc/hosts
- remove the old hostname
- add the new hostname
- <LAN_IP of server> NEW_HOSTNAME
- Reboot server.
- Reinstall OS and follow the steps given in the OS Installation document carefully.