|MithiWiki Home > ConnectXf Home > ConnectXf Administration > Configuration > Desktop client users are intermittently unable to download large mails using POP|
Desktop client users are intermittently unable to download large mails using POP
- Several desktop client users are complaining that while downloading mail using POP, they get frequent timeouts.
- It is observed that some mail download successfully.
- Though the desktop client is unable to receive/download mail, server shows some data has been downloaded (in the log) i.e data packets loss occurs while receiving an email.
- These users are accessing the server from several different networks and ISPs.
- Scan the server for performance problems by running a performance audit.
- Since users are able to send/receive mails intermittently, it appears to be a performance bottleneck either in the server or network or both.
- Check the performance of the network near the server. Refer the topic Troubleshooting packet loss issue.
- Since the users are accessing the server from several different ISP networks, we can assume that the network bottleneck is near the server and not at the ISP end (last mile)
Packet Loss can occur for many reasons. Refer the topic Troubleshooting packet loss issue.