|MithiWiki Home > ConnectXf Home > ConnectXf Administration > Configuration > I am unable to select a particular contact by auto complete in the Compose message window|
I am unable to select a particular contact by auto complete in the Compose message window
- Unable to select one particular email id e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org during auto complete in the compose mail window of Baya
- To send a mail to to John, I would need to type the entire email id while composing a mail in Baya
- The particular user is present in the directory along with all the information as confirmed by running the following command
/mithi/mcs/bin/getuserproperties.sh --domain adityabirla.com --user haal --output firstname**lastname**displayname --outputtype list Domain : acmecorp.com User : john First name (firstname) : John Last name (lastname) : ' Display name (displayname) : John'
- On closer inspection it is observed that one of the fields, composing the display name has a special character, in this case the quote/apostophe " ' "
- The auto complete system in Baya is unable to handle this special character
Remove the special character by modifying the last name property of the user.
/mithi/mcs/bin/setuserproperties.sh --domain acmecorp.com --user john --lastname Brown --replace --callerid <administrator email id> --callerpassword <administrator password>
Do not use this special character in either the first name or last name or any property which composes the display name. This is because this character is used automatically while composing the display name format for Baya in the Shared address book.