|MithiWiki Home > ConnectXf Home > ConnectXf Administration > Configuration > Incoming relay Server not receiving any mail from the Internet|
Incoming relay Server not receiving any mail from the Internet
- Server active, but no mail coming in
- Users complaining of not receiving mail from the Internet
- Services running fine, disk space etc all ok
Scan the /var/log/messages file for errors
sudo cat /var/log/messages | grep "qq temp" -i | head You may get a lot of such errors Apr 20 15:24:02 mailxfRelayserver smtpd: 1334915642.472716 qmail-smtpd 22317: message temporarly not accepted because: qq temporary problem (#4.3.0) Apr 20 15:24:02 mailxfRelayserver smtpd: 1334915642.930448 qmail-smtpd 22388: message temporarly not accepted because: qq temporary problem (#4.3.0) Apr 20 15:24:03 mailxfRelayserver smtpd: 1334915643.384652 qmail-smtpd 20910: message temporarly not accepted because: qq temporary problem (#4.3.0)
If the server was running fine and this problem has cropped up suddenly, we may investigate if the clamav signatures were not updated correctly. If the signatures are incorrectly downloaded or updated by the automatic download agent, the clam av engine stops working, which is a critical part of the mail flow. Hence you may face these errors.
- Download the clam av signatures and confirm that there is no error in the download.
- Verify the messages log to see if the errors are now gone.