|MithiWiki Home > ConnectXf Home > ConnectXf Administration > Configuration > LDAP service running but not responding|
LDAP service running but not responding
- Users are unable to login from outlook , webmail , thunderbird.
- Mail Queue is growing on the server.
- Search the /var/log/maillog file for the cause of deferrals
cat /var/log/maillog | grep -i 'deferral' You may find such error messages "Can't contact to ldap server".
- Verify if the LDAP service was running
- Try to retrieve data from LDAP
ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=manager,dc=connectserver" -w "<Admin password>" -b "o=cd,dc=connectserver" You may find the same error "Can't Contact to ldap server".
- Test the ldap configuration
/usr/local/openldap/sbin/slaptest -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf You may encounter such errors: hdb_db_open: database "cn=accesslog": unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery. hdb_db_open: database "cn=accesslog": recovery skipped in read-only mode. Run manual recovery if errors are encountered. bdb(cn=accesslog): unable to join the environment hdb_db_open: database "cn=accesslog" cannot be opened, err 11. Restore from backup! backend_startup_one (type=hdb, suffix="cn=accesslog"): bi_db_open failed! (11) slap_startup failed (test would succeed using the -u switch)
The LDAP service has hung.
1: To overcome this error follow the topic: LDAP service does not start or hangs on restarting or after reboot
2. If this still doesn't help refer to the following topic: LDAP Access logs grown too large and need to be rotated
3. Stop the access logging Stop accesslog on Master