|MithiWiki Home > ConnectXf Home > ConnectXf Administration > Configuration > Logs are not rotating|
Logs are not rotating
- It is observed that the logs are growing continuously.
- The space occupied by the /var/log folder is also growing continuously.
- Executing the following command returns an error:
- Executing the following commands also returns an error
- The error can be either of the following two lines:
error: bad top line in state file /var/lib/logrotate.status error: bad line 7 in state file /var/lib/logrotate.status
The file /var/lib/logrotate.status is corrupt.
echo "logrotate state -- version 2" > /var/lib/logrotate.status /mithi/mcs/bin/agent_mcs_logrotate.sh head /var/log/maillog (Above command should show the todays date in log rotation logs.)