Mail Delivery Reports displaying incorrect count of SPAM messages=
- The Mail Delivery Reports are displaying incorrect count of SPAM messages.
- The Mail Delivery Reports always display zero SPAM message count, irrespective of the number of messages marked as SPAM.
- The spam detection service if off.
- Logging for the spam engine is off
- Mail is being routed to your server via a relay server where the cleaning and marking is done. The spam control service runs on the relay server and may be off (not required to be on) in your mail box server. Hence the reports generated for mail transactions on this server will not show any spam detection. The mail delivery reports generated on the relay server will show the spam details.
- Confirm that Spamassassin is ON
- The output of the command should display Spam Scanning ON.If it is not so, start spamassassin.
- Confirm that spamd logging is ON and is logging in '/var/log/maillog' file only.
#cat /var/log/maillog | grep spamd
- This command should give non-empty output.
- Check your reports on the relay server.