Mails from Whitelisted domain are marked as SPAM
- Mail from whitelisted domain are getting marked as spam
- The maillog for the mail shows the tag "User in whitelist", despite which the score is above 5.
- The score for whitelist is -100 and the scores for spam tags are all positive. If the sum of all the spam tags are greater than 100, then the result will be a positive number and the mail will be marked as spam.
- Can also happen when usemywhitelist, usedomainwhitelist, useaddressbookaswhitelist properties are all false. At least one needs to be true.
- Change the score of whitelisted domains / ids to a big negative number with the commands given below
cd /etc/mail/spamassassin vi mithi_custom_scores.cf (Create the file if it does not exist) Put the following line: score USER_IN_WHITELIST -1000 spamassassin -D --lint 2>/tmp/saout.txt
- Set one of these properties to true
usemywhitelist, usedomainwhitelist, useaddressbookaswhitelist