|MithiWiki Home > ConnectXf Home > ConnectXf Administration > Configuration > Mismatch in the actual received date-time of an email v/s the received date-time shown in the headers of the mail|
Mismatch in the actual received date-time of an email v/s the received date-time shown in the headers of the mail
I have received an email which shows wrong date and time received.
- I have received an email on 29-08-2012 [11.45].
- If I view the mail from web client Baya, shows sent date as 23/10/15128 11.39 PM and received date and time as 29-08-2012 [11.45].
- From Thunderbird, it shows the received date and time as 23/10/15128 11.39 PM .
- Using CLI, the date and time of an email received shows 23/10/15128 11.39 PM.
- Check the date and time received from mailstore file.
[root@sbil-mbx1 cur]# ll 1346221951.M701820P23861V0000000000000013I000000007014F545_1.mbx1.acmecorp.com\,S\=39230\:2\,RS -rw-r--r-- 1 mailjol mailjol 39230 '''Aug 29 11:45''' 1346221951.M701820P23861V0000000000000013I000000007014F545_1.acmecorp.com,S=39230:2,RS
- Open and view the mail from CLI
The Date header of the mail received is invalid. The actual value of the Date Received header of the mail is 29 Aug.
- Baya shows file date as the received date, so displays 29 Aug in Inbox. But, it shows wrong Sent Date on the View mail page.
- Thunderbird shows the date header in the Date column of the Inbox.
- It may happened either the date on user's machine had changed temporarily or user did not compose the mail properly.
Inform sender to reset his/her machine's date-time.