|MithiWiki Home > ConnectXf Home > ConnectXf Administration > Configuration > My primary server has failed but the heartbeat did not switch to the secondary and now mailing is completely stopped|
My primary server has failed but the heartbeat did not switch to the secondary and now mailing is completely stopped
Scenario 1. On Friday morning 8.00 a.m. the primary server went into a hang stage.
2. The team at removed the network cable and the virtual IP got assigned to the secondary server.
3. The team then rebooted the primary server and plugged in the network cable.
4. However on the primary server, due the following file being present, the virtual IP got assigned to the primary server as well causing a network conflict.
1. On the primary server, remove the file
2. Confirm that the virtual ip is assigned to the secondary server using the ifconfig command.